For a while now I have been searching for the right pumpkin bread recipe. You have to get the right mix of moist, but not too gooey. I found this pumpkin pie bread recipe and figured I would give it a try. My family usually passes on the pumpkin bread or dump a pack of chocolate chips in. I feel that chocolate chips take away the pumpkin flavor. They took one bite of it and loved it. I made 20 small loafs and they were gone within three days.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15) ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) Grease two 9×5 inch loaf pans, or 25 mini loaf pans.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture alternately with water. Divide evenly into pans.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 60-70 mins (loafs) or 10-20 mins (small loafs), or until toothpick comes out clean.